Although you don’t have to be an expert in science or the outdoors to explore nature with kids, sometimes it helps to have a few ideas up your sleeves.
The Adventuring Tips section of this blog is dedicated to providing you with just that. Stuff like how to go bird watching with kids, what to do outside on rainy days or ideas for getting outside 15 minutes a day.
Click on any of the categories below for a complete list of posts; I’ve featured the top three reader favorites in each category here. Happy exploring!
Advice on Outdoor Play
If you need a little inspiration for turning ordinary outdoor excursions into nature adventures, look no further!
Here’s where you’ll find advice from our family and others on camping with kids – from gear reviews to camping activities and more.
- How to Host a Backyard Camp Out
- 8 Reasons Every Family Needs “The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping With Kids”
- SansBug: An Outdoor Play Tent & More
Thanks to several of my fellow travel and nature bloggers for sharing their favorite places to explore nature with kids in their hometowns. This series features locations across the entire United States, and even one from across the pond!
- Favorite Places to Explore Nature in Los Angeles
- Favorite Places to Explore Nature in Portland
- Favorite Places to Explore Nature in San Diego
I make no claims to be an expert. These real-world tips are based on our experiences in the field.
My Musings on Nature
This eclectic collection includes everything from outdoor adventure bucket lists to reflections on some of our more memorable moments in nature.
News of Interest
You guessed it! Here's where you'll find updates about the blog.
- Your Favorite Posts of 2011 (Plus a Few of Mine!)
- My 7 Links: A Look Back at Go Explore Nature
- I Hereby Accept the Honest Scrap Award
Yosemite National Park is like a second home to me. So when it comes to spending time in Yosemite with kids, I’d like to think I’ve got you covered.
- Where to Go in Yosemite With Kids: Chilnualna Falls
- Where to Go in Yosemite With Kids: The Pioneer Yosemite History Center
- Where to Go in Yosemite With Kids: Lower Yosemite Falls
Do you get outside every day? This series is all about providing inspiration to make getting outside with your kids every day a habit.
- 10 Books That Connect Kids With Nature
- Do You Make Time for a Green Hour?
- My Favorite Sources of Inspiration for Getting Outside