That’s the hubby, me, The Big Explorer (5 ½ years old) and The Little Explorer (2 years old and usually much less cranky!).
My specialties are silliness, mess-making and laughing until it hurts or makes you cry. I seek sanity from nature and am always trying to get the boys out in it, too. We love the outdoors, baseball games, road trips, animal encounters and family vacations to anywhere the mood takes us (especially Yosemite). You can read a few other random things about me here.
What I Like to Write About
This blog is a place for me to share our nature adventures. My hope is that you’ll be inspired to get your family outside, too. I usually post three times a week about all things kids and nature related. More specifically, I regularly post:
- Backyard nature activities that feature simple ways to connect kids with nature right outside your back door. Reader favorites include a winter scavenger hunt and taking a color walk.
- Reviews of nature adventures we take to places like parks, arboretums, beaches, zoos and more. We also love to travel, so expect to see posts about places we visit outside of the Los Angeles area.
- Stories, inspiration and lessons learned from nature. A couple of popular posts are ways to find nature in the city and what we learned raising caterpillars.
- Active Kids Club – Where to Enjoy Nature With Kids in Los Angeles
- Adventure Tykes – Exploring Nature With Toddlers
- Adventuroo – Five Must-Have Shots to Take in Yosemite National Park
- Imagination Soup – Make a Date With Nature
- Fun Orange County Parks – What I Learned on My Summer Vacation
- Kids Discover Nature – Sharing Nature With Friends
- Loving Nature’s Garden – First Garden With Kids
- Play Outdoors – Go Explore Nature in the City
- The Family Campman – Choosing the Right Hiking Trail for Kids
- Travel Mamas – 5 Yosemite Kid-Sized Adventures
- Travelin’ Local – Exploring Tide Pools at Point Fermin State Marine Park
- Trekaroo – Best Hikes for Tykes in Yosemite National Park
- Tripping With Kids – Where to See the Wild Things in Los Angeles
- Your Wild Child – Nature Playtime at the Beach
- Let the Children Play - Top 10 Outdoor Play Blogs
- National Wildlife Federation – 5 Fantastic Outdoor Blogs by Parents (Plus 6 More!)
- Ohdeedoh – Meet Debi Huang of Go Explore Nature
- Travel Mamas – Top 10 Blogs of 2010
Email: tdj2004 [at] gmail [dot] com
Facebook: Go Explore Nature