Here’s how it works: I’ve come up with 30 things you and your kiddos can “hunt for” outside this spring. Find an item, snap a picture and check the item off your list. Will you be able to find everything before summer gets here?
Don’t worry if your little explorer isn’t an aspiring photographer or sometimes needs your help to snap a shot. The point is to get outside exploring! (You can get a few simple nature photography tips for kids here if you’re interested.)
To help keep you inspired all season long, I’ll be sharing photos we take here every week as part of a new feature I’m calling “Saturday Snapshot.”
Join the fun!
You don’t need to sign up to play. To get started, print out your free Spring Nature Photo Scavenger Hunt list. Post it somewhere you’ll see it every day. Then head outside and into nature with your family and start exploring!
Once you and/or your kiddos have taken a photo, there are lots of ways to share:
- Share your photo on the Go Explore Nature Facebook page.
- If you’re on Pinterest, leave your username in the comments below & follow any of my boards. I can then invite you to add your photos to the Spring Nature Photo Scavenger Hunt board.
- And if you’d love to play along but have no desire to share your photos publicly, please do so! At the end of the season, you’ll have a wonderful collection of memories perfect for a photo book.
Ready to play along but need some ideas for getting outside? Here are a few to get you started:
- 32 ideas for spring backyard nature fun
- 50 ways to explore nature in your own backyard
- Spring nature scavenger hunt (and if it’s still cold in your neck of the woods, try the winter nature scavenger hunt instead)