To create your own indoor succulent garden, you will need:
- Glass container or other decorative planter (available at most craft stores)
- Small river rocks (available at most craft stores)
- Larger rocks
- Soil (cactus soil is ideal, but you can also make your own by combining 2 parts regular potting soil with 1 part sand)
- Succulent plants (available at home stores and nurseries)
- Place the larger rocks in the bottom of your container. We used a few of the many we’ve collected on our nature walks. These rocks help drain excess water.
- Add soil. Make sure your kiddos get their hands dirty, spreading the dirt around the bowl.
- Set your succulent plants. We wound up buying more plants than we needed, so we tried a few different arrangements until we found one we all liked. After we placed the succulents, we filled in with additional soil.
- Add river rocks. This adds a nice decorative touch to your succulent garden, and helps keep the plants separated.
Your turn – what do you like to plant indoors?