One of my greatest dilemmas is deciding what to bring – too much and you can’t carry it all, too little and you inevitably find yourself one snack too few and one kid (or more) too cranky!
I recently asked of few of my outdoorsy friends what they usually bring along on their adventures and received some helpful ideas:
- Sand toys, including plastic buckets, shovels and skimming nets
- Beach chair (ideally one for grown ups and another for kids)
- Beach blanket for picnics
- Plastic bug container with magnifying glass
- Kid’s binoculars
Armed with these suggestions, I’m starting to put together my own “adventuring bag.” Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- Plastic buckets with shovels (I so gotta get my little ones skimmer nets, too!)
- Beach blanket (the kind that folds up & zips closed is extra handy)
- Portable beach umbrella
- Magnifying glass (need to add a bug container and binoculars)
I’ve put it all together in this great tote bag from Land’s End, which I keep stowed in the trunk of my car:
Because my youngest is still in diapers, I’ll still be sporting other items that will come and go depending on the destination – like a change of clothes, plenty of healthy snacks and sunscreen.
I’d love to know what goodies you keep on hand for your adventures. What's your favorite, can't-go-anywhere-without-it item?