The full-color, 34-page book is set in – you guessed it – Yosemite National Park. Our friendly narrator is bald eagle Ranger Baldy of the Animal Rescue Corps. When Yosemite National Park’s grandest waterfall mysteriously disappears, Ranger Baldy soars into action. The story features Yosemite’s native animals and landscapes and is beautifully illustrated.
In the short time we’ve had this book in the house, each of The Explorers has read it many times. The Big Explorer (9) loves that the animals are the main characters – and that Ranger Baldy calls us humans “two-leggers.” The Little Explorer (5) also likes that it’s centered on animals and enjoys the mystery that is the magic of Mother Nature.
Ranger Baldy and the Disappearing Waterfall is the first in a series of national park adventure books. We are very excited to see where Ranger Baldy’s adventures will take us next.
Ranger Baldy and the Disappearing Waterfall retails for $15.99.
Win your own copy of Ranger Baldy and the Disappearing Waterfall
’Tis the season for giving, and I’m excited to be able to share a copy of Ranger Baldy and the Disappearing Waterfall with one lucky reader. You can have a copy in your hands in time for Christmas!
To enter, leave a comment telling me your favorite national park. It’s that simple! Good luck!
- This giveaway will run through midnight PST on Wed., Dec. 11, 2013.
- You must include an email address with your comment. Entries without an email address will not be included. (If you prefer, you can send me your entry by email.)
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- The winner will be chosen using the nifty random number generator at random.org.
- Winner will have 24 hours to reply to my notification. If I don't hear back after that, I'll pick another winner.